What We Do
We help 'build' the
Kingdom of God
Major Diocesan-wide events include
1. Our annual Woman Of the Year Mass and Reception at the Diocesan Cathedral of St. Raymond Nonnatus in Joliet, honoring the women chosen by their Parish Councils of Catholic Women to be their 'Woman Of the Year'
2. Through our Bishop Blanchette Scholarship Fund (BBSF), we award and present annual scholarships to students to attend Catholic high schools in the diocese, and we do year-round fund-raising to support these scholarships.
3. Biennially, we present a weekend Convention of spirituality, learning and enrichment opportunities for all women in the diocese.
4. Twice a year, in the spring and fall, the Diocesan CCW hosts a 'Combined Boards' meeting where members of the JDCCW board and the board members of all the CCW affiliate councils meet, communicate with one another, exchange ideas and learn from one another.
5. From time to time, the JDCCW often sponsors other opportunities for spiritual and/or educational enrichment such as Mornings (or evenings or...) of Reflection, or Commission Days (see Commissions below) devoted to more in-depth study or speakers on one or more current concerns.
6. Also note the Forms and Resources for Affiliates and Frequently Asked Questions links at the left.
The Diocese of Joliet divides its geographic area into smaller administrative units, called Deaneries, each headed by a priest Dean. The Joliet Council of Women follows these geographic groupings of parishes, but its purposes are specific to its mission. A deanery CCW's two roles are to be a support and educational resource to the Parish CCW officers and members, and to be their communications and representative link to the Diocesan and National CCWs. See the deanery listing links in the left column.
Each deanery organizes two meetings a year to enrich the women of the deanery spiritually, and educationally, provide resources, learn of the concerns of the women of the Parish Councils of CCW and bring them to the Diocesan and National Councils, and conduct any needed business. Each Deanery has specific names for their meetings, but they are all listed in the JDCCW Calendar, also a link in the left column, and on the Home page.
Our prayer, study and action activities and events are organized into 'Commissions and committees' (See Commissions at the left) our Diocesan CCWboard has chairwomen for these areas of concern, and their goal is to provide support and resources for the CCW affiliate councils throughout the diocese, as well as be the communication link between the work of the CCW affiliate Councils and the National Council of Catholic Women, and beyond. Below is our current manual, which contains resources not only for the diocesan CCW, but for deanery and parishes as well.
2015 Commission/Committee Manual