Interested in volunteering at Daybreak Center? Contact Stephanie Ambrose firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-774-4663 ext. 3138
At Daybreak Center We Offer…
- A safe and clean environment
- Comprehensive case management, coordination and assisted access of community resources
- Educational assessments, services and assistance enrolling in educational classes (GED and ESL – English as a second language)
- Child care for parents who attend classes at the center
- Employment assessments, programs and access to employment search office equipment
- Health assessments and services such as vision exams, hearing screenings and healthy living workshops
- Case management and group support meetings
- Depending on limited available resources, individuals and families may also apply for financial assistance for rent or a mortgage, temporary housing, food, utilities, prescriptions, transportation and other miscellaneous needs
- Referrals and access to HELP Food Pantry
- Closed A.A. meetings at 4:00 pm Friday, non-smoking, open to the public
- N.A. meetings at 8:00 pm Wednesday, non-smoking, open to the public
Feeding members of the community who are hungry and unable to provide for themselves by offering a free mid-day meal. Shepherd’s Table is also used as a warming and cooling center during extreme weather. To volunteer at Shepherd’s Table, contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 815.774.4663 x3138.
Click Here to Donate at Catholic Charities
Drop off donations are welcome:
Donations of items to Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet are greatly appreciated by the low-income clients who receive them.
Items accepted for donation:
- New and gently used clothing for men, women and children.
- Hygiene products, baby items, household supplies, toys, and gift cards.
Please drop off your donations Monday – Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm at 203 N. Ottawa St. in Joliet. Questions? Call 815-723-3405