Home » Social Concerns » Office for Human Dignity » Missions » Pontifical Mission Societies » Missionary Cooperative Plan » Parish Guidelines for Visiting MCP Missionaries
Missionary Cooperation Plan
Parish Guidelines for Visiting Missionaries
To better assist you with the MCP, here is information the Pastor needs to know.
- You will be contacted by the Missionary Organization no later than May 1 personally or by letter, to arrange the date of the appeal.
- Appeals must be made between May 1 – September 31. Parishes are responsible for lodging and meals the weekend of the appeal - either at the rectory or with dedicated parishioners. Missionaries who wish to reside in the parish rectory should contact the Pastor in advance to request a room.
- The Missionary Organization will submit to the Mission Office a completed form giving the dates of appeal in your parish.
- The dates should be reconfirmed two weeks prior to an agreed upon designated date.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the missionary not the host parish.
- The Missionary Cooperation Plan is a second collection to be collected at all Masses. Please announce this collection through the church bulletin and from the pulpit at Masses on the preceding Sunday.
- Missionaries are asked to relate their missionary message to the Sunday readings, when possible.
- Parishes are not responsible for long distance calls, airline tickets, or car rental of missionaries unless agreed upon in advance.
- No missionary appeals should be made during the month of October so as not to conflict with the annual World Missions Sunday.
download this document